Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Garage into coffee shop

Options
  • 15-08-2020 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Really appreciate any feedback on this as what is online is a little vague.

We live in a established area with plenty of footfall and traffic. We are thinking of converting our garage into a takeaway coffee shop.

I've seen this done in a nearby area and it's been very successful. We live in Dublin close to the city.

Would anyone have any guidance on where to start?

Cheers,

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Has the other crowd got planning?
    If you do get PP you may be liable for rates which, IIRC, will impact your CGT exemption on your PPR

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

You need an architect to design, get planning, fire safety certificate and a disability access certificate which should all be fair easy if it's tiny and a similar one for planning. You will need to get BCAR which is another thing the architect signs off on but you can opt out on a private house. This is a commercial element so can't opt out.
    Are you going to do food of any type? You may need to consult the environmental health officer as they will need to approve any preparation area, staff cleaning and toilet layouts.
    Has the other crowd got planning?
    If you do get PP you may be liable for rates which, IIRC, will impact your CGT exemption on your PPR

Could you just split the property into two folios?

That's going to need a solicitor.
    The fees on this could be fairly big for such a tiny building.

Advertisement