Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota RAV4 vs Subaru Forester hybrids

Options
  • 15-08-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭

What are peoples thoughts on these two hybrid versions?
    The RAV4 seems to be a lot more of a hybrid with better fuel economy than the Forester with the latter having excellent AWD that will eat the RAV4 for breakfast.

What about serviceability and reliability, both Japanese makers with the Subaru built in Japan (Not sure where the RAV4 is built.)

If one was to buy one SUV and drive it for 5-10 years, which one would ye go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

From what I hear neither are delivering the goods on the economy front. Subaru sales here are very small at this stage and unless your near one of the good dealers you will be the only one in the village.How often will you need the extra AWD capability? Head Toyota. Heart Subaru.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

RAV4's a good bit better on the fuel economy front.
    From what I hear, You can get mid 5's to mid 6's l/100km without too much effort.
    Subaru is about the 9's if not more.

It's a pity Subaru don't sell more cars in Ireland, they are very good cars, but I can see them pull a Mitsubishi on it and pull out of Ireland.

Advertisement