Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-43 inch 4k telly sub 300?

Options
  • 15-08-2020 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Is there any 4k tv around 300 anywhere? Seen some in Argos, no stock around Dublin. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I would try Argos, (but you have already) or Richer Sounds Belfast, will deliver to Dublin

or
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/
    HUKD is mainly for UK, but the Irish Equivalent of the UK stores (Currys etc ) might price match

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

So basically, the answer would be: wait for some offers to pop up.

I've seen Amazon UK and DE. I'm extremely worried about shipping. Don't want to end up with a smashed TV going back and forth, but, you know there is a risk factor then.

The only good thing about buying those in Ireland: direct buy, help Eire business, etc... but most of those appliances are imported from UK and have an extra 10/15% to the product.

I guess I'll keep waiting for deals for the time being....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

40" & 43" Hisense TVs in Argos - both under €300. Have the 55" Roku version and love it. 43" Roku is now €370 though which is only slightly less than what I paid for the 55" a few weeks back.

Other than Argos, Richer Sounds is the only place you'll get a Hisense TV on this side of the Irish Sea.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&q=HISENSE&c_1=1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14419512&pp=20&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&c_2=2|cat_14419512|Televisions|14419667

If you can stretch your budget to €370 for the 43" Roku it is in stock around Dublin and probably still worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/luxury-living/40-smart-d-led-full-hd-tv/p48398

On sale from 31st August with 2 year warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

If you really want 4k then you need to assess how often you use the 4k and whether the difference is all that noticeable on a 40" screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

I've had a 40.inch so called 4k tvs and two of my friends bought them too ..from the aforementioned manufacturers..the quality is not great..4k my ass..hd at its best .there is a reason these tvs can sell for 300 or bit more. Thats cos the technology in them is not the best..ie display.. unless you buy from leading manufacturers...Sony LG.. Samsung. Panasonic..you may as well get out your old TV of the early 2000s ..software is only used by in the cheap tvs to.make pic look like 4k...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

okidoki987 wrote: »
    This is not a 4k TV but thanks for helping out :)
    If you really want 4k then you need to assess how often you use the 4k and whether the difference is all that noticeable on a 40" screen.
    So, how would I notice the difference? What you say is not very helpful, if you had an article or link, that would be more helpful
    Denny61 wrote: »
    I've had a 40.inch so called 4k tvs and two of my friends bought them too ..from the aforementioned manufacturers..the quality is not great..4k my ass..hd at its best .there is a reason these tvs can sell for 300 or bit more. Thats cos the technology in them is not the best..ie display.. unless you buy from leading manufacturers...Sony LG.. Samsung. Panasonic..you may as well get out your old TV of the early 2000s ..software is only used by in the cheap tvs to.make pic look like 4k...
    So, which TVs are the ones to avoid? You sure there is no difference between a Sony 1080p TV and Hisense/LG/Philips 4k?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Unless you are going to be closer than 1.5m there is no benefit to a 4k 40 inch tv over 1080p

1.5m is a very short distance you would nearly be using it as a monitor.

Reason for this is 1.6m or over you will not be able to see the pixels so it's pointless to have them.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/kevinmurnane/files/2017/10/chart_Rtings.com_.jpg

Advertisement