Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most important advice you've received in life?

Options
  • 14-08-2020 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

What as a man is the most important advice you received growing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

A good tapper always has a lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

My dad once told me:

"When you open a thread on Boards you are guaranteed one of two things:

1) Xenophobia
    2) Another brain fart by mr_fagelien"

He was right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

What as a man is the most important advice you received growing up?

Never to open one of your threads. I should have listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My advice to you Mr F is take a break from Boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

eviltwin wrote: »
    My advice to you Mr F is take a break from Boards.

Why?

• Advertisement

Why?

Because you start all manner of threads, which you don't seem particularly interested in. A few short posts with rather shallow expressions of interest but you don't show any depth in adding to any of the discussions. Honestly, I doubt I've seen anyone that starts so many threads but contributes so little to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You are a pest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Never be afraid to love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Don't eat the yellow snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Not all people getting on the plane are going on holidays. First thing I was told working in the airport and best advice I have ever got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Bag up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If she smokes she pokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Reddit, post over there was the best advice ever. Try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

"Life must be lived forwards but can only be understood backwards."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Always eat yellow snow...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Odelay wrote: »
    Reddit, post over there was the best advice ever. Try it.

I do have an account over there.

https://www.reddit.com/user/nikolasmaduro/

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

"Better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid then as to open it and remove all doubt."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When I was young my uncle gave me this advice- “ stay away from anything with tits or wheels as they’ll only get you into trouble “. Great advice at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Why all the hate for Mr Fegelien ..... if you dont like his threads dont open them .... simples....

No need to be cruel to the lad .

I'm going to give a few people some advice seeing as that's the point in this thread ....

Treat people with respect and stop being mean to make yourself feel bigger and better ( bullying) ... I got that advice from my mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Why?

The fact that you asked why says it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Who is mr_fegelien?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I think I might have seen it on TV but it's very true;

Watch how someone treats a waiter when something goes wrong to see the real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Who is mr_fegelien?

Now thats a good question! My personal opinion is its some kind of computer generated algorithm with an idiotic virus in it. I could be wrong but I believe with some of the threads thats come out of mr feg, its a programme that goes to basic sex, drugs, stalking sh¡t etc which is aimed at some some posters . Bless the thing but it hasn't got around to starting one like (do you wear your sisters g-string, or do you sniff your mammys knickers yet) but i'm sure he'll get around to something like that. One flaw the mr feg programme has it doesn't really reply or acknowledge most of his post.
    I really don't think posters hate him(its a computer programme), I think they are annoyed that he posts a lot of immature stuff. But like one poster said already its down to choice you don't have to reply or open the threads it (computer) starts. But I think posters have a morbid curiosity that when the see its posts they just want to give him(it) stick.
    Oh and here is were I fall down, I believe in AH everybody should give and get stick on any given subject. After all if posters are looking for serious discussion on a thread i'm sure there are forums that can cater for their basic anal needs.

I do realise I posted this in the gentlemen's club. But its in the AH that It (mr fig) gets most stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Keep your feet warm and your head cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

john4321 wrote: »
    Not all people getting on the plane are going on holidays. First thing I was told working in the airport and best advice I have ever got.

Is this a metaphor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

About half a century ago now I was sent an unopened tin of " Cymag " by my mentor. For those who don't know? That was a white, flour like powder, produced by ICI. Used in rural pest control.

Basically? Shove some of this down a hole. Cover that hole like the devil himself was in there. Get out of Dodge! Because, the moisture in the damp earth caused the reaction of this stuff spewing Hydrogen Cyanide into the air.

Before it arrived, he told me this: " It'll be in a gallon sized paint tin. Red and white. Get a screw driver and prize the lid off. Inside is a tin foil seal. Cut that off with the tip of a knife and ye'll see the tin is full of white powder. Don't Sniff It, To See What It Smells Like!!! "

Think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Simple but effective.

" Do the work "

" Movement is motivation"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Sometime in life you have to do things you dont want to do

and

Mr Fegeliens threads on boards are a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Jesus Mr F, your reddit is as bad as your boards account. Chill out with the questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

If it's clear and yella', you've got juice there, fella.

If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town.

Changed my life tbh.

Advertisement