Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tap that leaks water with odd noise

Options
  • 13-08-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

See attached url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy_YVKibV0o&feature=youtu.be[/url video of a cold downstairs tap that leaks water with odd noise, but only when one of the two other downstairs cold water taps are switched off. It also occurs when the washing machine runs, but not when the upstairs cold taps are used. Otherwise the tap doesn't leak.

I'd be grateful if anybody knows a fix.
    MOD NOTE. Moved from wtf thread. More appropriate here.
    Btw. I can only see link to problem when I exit the touch site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Tails142

Is there a pump pressurizing the system? Looks like a problem with that running too high, or this particular tap can't hold back the pressure due to a bad washer or something

• Registered Users Posts: 19 miyoung

Thanks - no pressurizing system in place. It only occurs when the other downstairs cold taps are used. Also, it only started in recent months so I wondered if the Lockdown could have affected the pressure?

Advertisement