Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currently dependent on partners Disability- working 8hrs a week

Options
  • 13-08-2020 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hi all thanks in advance for your help.

So current situation. I work 8 hours a week, I am a dependent on my partners disability allowance. Does anyone know can I come off this and claim my own money for the days im not working.(things aren't great don't want to be depending on him for my money.. but still living together for time being so its not one parent family) im not sure what the payment is called. We are still living together so I cant claim for One parent Family, im not sure if its job seekers..

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You can be separated from them and ask to go back on to your own payment just contact your local office

• Registered Users Posts: 11 babylamb76

Gatling wrote: »
    You can be separated from them and ask to go back on to your own payment just contact your local office

Thank you. Would u know of hand what payment I would get I've never claimed welfare for my self bar maternity. Would it be job seekers just so I can check what payment would be . Thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

babylamb76 wrote: »
    Thank you. Would u know of hand what payment I would get I've never claimed welfare for my self bar maternity. Would it be job seekers just so I can check what payment would be . Thank u

Are you disabled?

Or are you looking for work?

Or are you a carer?

Are you disabled?

Or are you looking for work?

Or are you a carer?

Hi thanks for your reply. I am a medical receptionist but I currently work only 1 day a week. And an addional 4 hours every 3rd Thurs. So I'm just unsure as I looked up jobseekers it said you have to be unemployed. I've never got social welfare before only maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

You can only claim jobseekers if you are seeking work. If you do intend looking for more work then you could claim jobseekers for the days you are not currently working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

babylamb76 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your reply. I am a medical receptionist but I currently work only 1 day a week. And an addional 4 hours every 3rd Thurs. So I'm just unsure as I looked up jobseekers it said you have to be unemployed. I've never got social welfare before only maternity leave.

No problem I'd say you can claim casual jobseekers or casual workers, whatever it's called.. for people that work less than x amount of hours each week!

Just enquire to your local intreo office for casual worker payment.

thanks all will do that

Advertisement