Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and breathing issues

Options
  • 12-08-2020 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I realized recently that I have involuntarily trained myself to hold my breath I think due to anxiety. It's not a panic attack but it’s very uncomfortable. I've experienced this for nearly two years.

I've been to the doctor a number of times, got blood tests and a cardiac exam and everything is fine. I was advised to get counselling, try ADs and relaxation techniques (deep breathing, meditation, yoga etc). I have tried all of these but nothing has worked to bring my breathing back to normal.

I'm starting to think that I need to retrain myself how to breathe, although I'm not sure how to go about this.

Just wondering has anyone else had any experiences like this? And if so what has helped?

TIA!

Advertisement