Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmations - quick query

Options
  • 12-08-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all,

My son's confirmation has been rescheduled to August this year due to Covid. However, I am very anxious about going to the ceremony with the current Covid situation, as is he.

Would there be any ramifications of him not doing his confirmation down the line at all?

We have an at-risk person in the family and we are very anxious at going into a public setting like a church, but if there would be any difficulty for him down the line I would take the chance.

Maybe you could advise? thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Double check with your parish priest.

Personally I can't see a problem not receiving the sacrament until a later date especially in current conditions.

I'd say there'd be no problem joining next year's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

why would there be an issue?

I know folk who were confirmed in their 50s. there's no upper limit as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 26,160 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

He can be confirmed at any age.

Or - and this might be a better idea - he can be confirmed in a private ceremony, separately from the rest of his class. You'd need to arrange this with your parish priest, but if there's a medical concern behind your request I'm sure they'd accommodate you.

Advertisement