Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Restaurant

Options
  • 12-08-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Any recommendations for a restaurant this weekend.
    Was hoping for a celebratory meal out, but Covid put that on the shelf.
    Would still like to mark the occasion and eat out.
    Anyone had good experiences of maybe a late sitting and being allowed to stay and finish meals/wine at their leisure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There is no doubt that places are letting people stay longer but the government announcement that the pubs weren't opening this week also said they were cracking down on establishments not sticking to the rules. Publicising places breaking the rules is not a good idea.

As you say, a later sitting is more likely to be less time sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭oirishfruitie

I'll reword!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Ate in FX Buckley Pembrooke Street last weekend, there were two of us. Table was booked for 20:00 and more or less the last sitting. After the meal we moved into the bar and had a few drinks there. We weren't rushed and had a great evening made even better by the fact we weren't rushed out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The current 11pm cutoff is the hard end; so unless you go for a sitting pre-9pm you have zero chance of any 'at your leisure'

Two weeks ago, I got a 22:15 sitting in the Little Pig (Pacinos back room) and wasn't being rushed out approaching midnight; but we'd finished by then anyway so didn't even want to see if there was a later sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Anyone had good experiences of maybe a late sitting and being allowed to stay and finish meals/wine at their leisure?

La Cave on South Anne Street is amazing, french wine bar style place. The food is really good and the atmosphere even better. I was there last Saturday evening and had a lovely relaxed, chilled out meal. Very reasonably priced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sole on Sth. William St is really excellent, particularly if you like seafood, although there are plenty of other options also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Let us know how you get on OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Went to Glovers Alley at the weekend, very nice although not perfect services is excellent and they have banquettes so you can sit beside someone instead of across from them something I like.

Despite the COVID, it was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Berlin in D2 looks like a right party spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

mariaalice wrote: »
    Went to Glovers Alley at the weekend, very nice although not perfect services is excellent and they have banquettes so you can sit beside someone instead of across from them something I like.

Despite the COVID, it was full.

The photos I see online from a search look very swish, ocean-liner chic.

I imagine lots of eating establishments have had to alter their appearance because of the 'thing'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Anyone have any suggestions for somewhere nice to eat next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Galadriel wrote: »
    La Cave on South Anne Street is amazing, french wine bar style place. The food is really good and the atmosphere even better. I was there last Saturday evening and had a lovely relaxed, chilled out meal. Very reasonably priced too.

+1 on La Cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,301 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

+1 on La Cave.

And not sure about this year but previously they had new years eve specials on, if people are looking for somewhere to ring in the new year.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

odyssey06 wrote: »
    And not sure about this year but previously they had new years eve specials on, if people are looking for somewhere to ring in the new year.

I'll look into that, been going here since I was far to young for the place but now I think I'd fit right in!

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

Will look into la cave thanks

Advertisement