Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silage query

Options
  • 12-08-2020 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Had one or two cows broke into a field that i've been saving for silage. They were in it overnight so there will be a few cow sh*ts there.

My question is - if I wrap this in a silage bale is the bale kind of ruined?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Had one or two cows broke into a field that i've been saving for silage. They were in it overnight so there will be a few cow sh*ts there.

My question is - if I wrap this in a silage bale is the bale kind of ruined?

If only a couple of cows for one night I’ll bet you’ll never even notice it in any of the bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

Nothing to worry about.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Just make sure they stay out, once they get the taste of the grass its hard to keep them out.
    I wouldn't worry about the bit of ****e from 1 night, sure you'd see lads strip grazing ground where the cattle have to eat all the grass before the fence is moved, they would then be eating grass that they have pissed and ****ed on

What about bales pegged by birds?

Say if they are stacked and tape the top ones, would there be much damage to the bales then?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Biscuitus

If you can get a hedgecutters, shovel and a bag to take it out. Happened here before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement