Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who does modified car insurance in 2020?

• 11-08-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have looked everywhere online and absolutely no one does modified car insurance. Has anyone had in any luck with anyone or are we stuck with how car have come out the factory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/help-centre/vehicle-modifications-insurance
    My vehicle has modifications, or I am thinking of having it modified. Will this affect the price?

It depends on the modification you have made. Modifications which affect the performance of the vehicle are more likely to influence the price you pay.

You must tell us of any modification to your vehicle. Remember to have all modifications completed at a professional garage.

Where applicable, you must have a valid NCT on your modified vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Be prepared to having €3k excess on it, depending on how badly it's modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AKAY 47

the_syco wrote: »
    Be prepared to having €3k excess on it, depending on how badly it's modified.

That's ****ing grand. Once again, who will even do this in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

You'll probably need a broker.

Wrightcover.ie were doing them (well in 2018 anyway)
    A friend has a tuned M3 who got insured with Chill somehow, I think its just an exhaust and ECU though.

I thinks its Sullivans in Limerick who cover some JDM (again not sure if they still do them)

Possibly quotedevil?

Some guy at a car show with an R34 GTR said he was with AXA but his everyday car was also with them and I'd say he was 50+ so I've no idea if they'll help. Since they do classic insurance they might be worth a call.

Maybe try Campion aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

At the top of the forum is a stickied thread "List of insurers you can try".
    Try all of those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement