Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No cables laid new estate

Options
  • 11-08-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Lived in a new housing estate for the last 6 months ,First phase have full access to FTTH but second phase have all tried to order but we have been told that the cables haven't been pulled through so we can't order

I have tried to contact EIR ,Open Eir with no luck ,We have asked the developers who have sent us back to Open Eir ,Lobbied TD's,Local Councillors and contacted gov department with no luck

Currently 40 houses now using Vodafone sim broadband as the rest cant get above speeds of 2mb ,This works fine but is capped at 300gb

I have searched boards and come across a good few threads but none of seems to have the answer to how they managed to get the issue resolved

Does anybody have any information on how i can get the cables to be pulled through the ducting so we can finally have FTTH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

slim to none i am afraid

if they have laid the ducting at least it would confirm they had or do have plans to finish the job - but you would need to be sure they have laid the ducting for the fibre in your section of estate

perhaps contacting a local TD to get in contact to openeir might be the only option to try and get an answer to some kind of timeline

ringing Eir or any other provider wont be of any benefit nor would you get any information

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭oleard1987

BArra wrote: »
    slim to none i am afraid

if they have laid the ducting at least it would confirm they had or do have plans to finish the job - but you would need to be sure they have laid the ducting for the fibre in your section of estate

perhaps contacting a local TD to get in contact to openeir might be the only option to try and get an answer to some kind of timeline

ringing Eir or any other provider wont be of any benefit nor would you get any information

Yes we have had a KN engineer out and he advised that the ducting was in place but we need OpenEir to install the cables

2 local Councillors have said thy will chase it up and we contacted 2 of our local TDs but he advised he was on his holidays (grand for some :pac:)

Very frustrating ,We are now paying €80 a month to have 600gb usage ,While my neighbour 6/7 doors up can get speeds up to 100MB and can pick from all the suppliers

if neighbor 6 or 7 up can get 100Mbps then that is FTTC and not FTTH

FTTC - up to 100Mbps
    FTTH - up to 1000Mbps

if neighbor 6 or 7 up can get 100Mbps then that is FTTC and not FTTH

FTTC - up to 100Mbps
    FTTH - up to 1000Mbps

I would take either at this stage

Would you believe that KN/Circet were up today and have pulled the cable through ,Must be a KN rep on the forum

How long does anybody know before you can order from the different suppliers

depends, they may have installed only ducting with fibre to be blown into that duct in future

if it was fibre then splicing and dps are next

after that exchange work to be done

then when can you order? maybe 3 months to a year from what i have read on here

you also need to verify if its ftth or fttc, very different

• Advertisement

depends, they may have installed only ducting with fibre to be blown into that duct in future

if it was fibre then splicing and dps are next

after that exchange work to be done

then when can you order? maybe 3 months to a year from what i have read on here

you also need to verify if its ftth or fttc, very different

From what they told my neighbour who spoke to them
    Its FTTH ,They just carried on the connection from the 1st 30 houses and the need another team to come back and do the splicing which is planned in the next month

The whole town is covered in KN vans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

oleard1987 wrote: »
    From what they told my neighbour who spoke to them
    Its FTTH ,They just carried on the connection from the 1st 30 houses and the need another team to come back and do the splicing which is planned in the next month

The whole town is covered in KN vans

maybe why they didnt bother running copper cable if they were going putting fibre in

Advertisement