Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Early Prices in shop

Options
  • 09-08-2020 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Had a bet in pp on friday for a race on saturday and took 6/1 on the horse. The horse won at 7/2 and pp now saying that they will only pay sp as they dont offer early prices in shops.

Ridiculous.

Does anyone know when the changed this rule

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Rover365 wrote: »
    Had a bet in pp on friday for a race on saturday and took 6/1 on the horse. The horse won at 7/2 and pp now saying that they will only pay sp as they dont offer early prices in shops.

Ridiculous.

Does anyone know when the changed this rule

Where did you get the 6/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rover365

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Where did you get the 6/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

They will not take a bet with an online price the night before, sp only unless its advertised on their board.

Good luck trying to get the 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Fairly sure there is a price difference between online and shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Robbing bastards. They'll ride you even when you're winning.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure there is a price difference between online and shop

Tommy no price difference, its not in their system the night before, if you have an account with them you can back it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They will only give you the early price on the shop screen. In fairness they will give you SP if it is bigger than the early price. If you put price you've seen online on the shop docket and it shortens you get the current shop price.

Only times I've had problems with them is when taking an early price on a GAA match from their site and putting it on in office as they either can't or won't find it on their system and then find if it was a winner that price had changed after I put the bet on.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They will only give you the early price on the shop screen. In fairness they will give you SP if it is bigger than the early price. If you put price you've seen online on the shop docket and it shortens you get that.

Only times I've had problems with them is when taking an early price on a GAA match from their site and putting it on in office as they either can't or won't find it on their system and then find if it was a winner that price had changed after I put the bet on.

They DO NOT give you the better sp on any bet the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Did I say they did?

It clearly refers to the early prices in the office.

I had seen about a year ago that the stopped doing best odds guaranteed for bets placed the evening before but had never seen that they didnt give early prices in the shops.

I dont even know if there were early prices given in the shops

will be my last time betting with them

• Advertisement

They only do EP's now for the next day's racing on major festivals in shops.
    Also applies to Boyles & Ladbrokes.
    Seemingly they were getting stuffed on price moves.
    Once one does it, the rest follow, the only way you can get a bet on day before is on the exchanges (no price guarantee) or an online account but if the price moves against bookie, whether it wins or not, you can assume your account will suffer with limits imposed.

Just to give an update on this. After getting on to head office they agreed to pay me the 6/1 as a one off

okidoki987 wrote: »
    They only do EP's now for the next day's racing on major festivals in shops.

Saturday evening PP had up early prices on 4 Goodwood races for the next day (Sunday) which is the first time in a long time that's happened.

Advertisement