Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

No public transport from Heuston to the Airport?

  • 07-08-2020 3:13pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 15 seatrump


    I've been home visiting my elderly parents (after full 2 week quarantine). Time to go home and need to be at the airport by 8am Sunday morning. I REALLY enjoy travelling by rail but looks like if I take a train from Limerick to Dublin that my only viable option is a 40 + Euro taxi to the airport?

    There is no way to get there in time Sunday, so was going to get spend the night at a hotel but now this whole excercise is starting to look very expensive. Seems like the 747 is suspended and is there really no other bus from the city center to Dublin airport on a Saturday evening about 9pm?

    Thanks for any ideas....


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭ The Lost Sheep


    seatrump wrote: »
    I've been home visiting my elderly parents (after full 2 week quarantine). Time to go home and need to be at the airport by 8am Sunday morning. I REALLY enjoy travelling by rail but looks like if I take a train from Limerick to Dublin that my only viable option is a 40 + Euro taxi to the airport?

    There is no way to get there in time Sunday, so was going to get spend the night at a hotel but now this whole excercise is starting to look very expensive. Seems like the 747 is suspended and is there really no other bus from the city center to Dublin airport on a Saturday evening about 9pm?

    Thanks for any ideas....
    JJ Kavanaghs buses all stop at hueston and continue on to the airport. Check their routes and all of them be it Limerick/Waterford/Naas buses and see if any suit?


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭ cee_jay


    Take Luas to Abbey St and you can get the 16 bus to Airport from there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭ Losty Dublin


    cee_jay wrote: »
    Take Luas to Abbey St and you can get the 16 bus to Airport from there.

    The 41 has a 24 hour timetable, assuming it wasn't scaled back in March.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭ GerardKeating


    The 41 has a 24 hour timetable, assuming it wasn't scaled back in March.

    The time table on the Dublin Bus site (updated June 8, 2020) indicates it still 24/7


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ Mrs OBumble


    A taxi *is* public transport.

    Sometimes even public transport is expensive . Still cheaper than a hotel.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭ StackSteevens


    How about Citylink eireagle 712X from Limerick City Centre to Dublin Airport? D 01.30 - A 04.00


  • Registered Users Posts: 15 seatrump


    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I will forgo the train ride this year and take a bus from Limerick to Dublin airport Saturday evening. Appreciate the quick feedback and many options.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭ GT89


    JJ Kavanaghs buses all stop at hueston and continue on to the airport. Check their routes and all of them be it Limerick/Waterford/Naas buses and see if any suit?

    Not operating at present


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭ GT89


    The 41 has a 24 hour timetable, assuming it wasn't scaled back in March.

    41 is still 24hr and has been throughout lockdown


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭ votecounts


    JJ Kavanaghs buses all stop at hueston and continue on to the airport. Check their routes and all of them be it Limerick/Waterford/Naas buses and see if any suit?
    JJ Kavanaghs not operating at the moment


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ Mr.Frame


    seatrump wrote: »
    I've been home visiting my elderly parents (after full 2 week quarantine). Time to go home and need to be at the airport by 8am Sunday morning. I REALLY enjoy travelling by rail but looks like if I take a train from Limerick to Dublin that my only viable option is a 40 + Euro taxi to the airport?

    There is no way to get there in time Sunday, so was going to get spend the night at a hotel but now this whole excercise is starting to look very expensive. Seems like the 747 is suspended and is there really no other bus from the city center to Dublin airport on a Saturday evening about 9pm?

    Thanks for any ideas....

    There is absolutely no way a taxi from Hueston to Dub Airport is or will be 40 + Euro.
    Ive no idea where you got that "price" from, but its completely wrong


  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭ ExoPolitic


    Mr.Frame wrote: »
    There is absolutely no way a taxi from Hueston to Dub Airport is or will be 40 + Euro.
    Ive no idea where you got that "price" from, but its completely wrong

    How much you charge, guv?


  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ Mr.Frame


    ExoPolitic wrote: »
    How much you charge, guv?

    All taxi fares are on the meter.

    The price the OP mentioned is not correct


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭ Yggr of Asgard


    Transport for Ireland has a nice estimation tool and that shows the price to be €21.60 - €29.20 when traveling on a Sunday.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭ Carawaystick


    Theres no train from Limerick to Dublin that would get the OP to Dublin in time for an 8am flight anyway....


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭ Cookie_Monster


    Theres no train from Limerick to Dublin that would get the OP to Dublin in time for an 8am flight anyway....
    ...
    bus from the city center to Dublin airport on a Saturday evening about 9pm?


Advertisement