Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanitising shared ChromeBook with LED touchscreen

Options
  • 07-08-2020 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I hope you are keeping well.
    I’ve been googling to see if there are antibac/antivirus wipes available to buy for shared ChromeBooks with LED touchscreens. So far I’ve been unable to find any that are suitable for LED screens. I’m not worried about the keyboard or the exterior of the ChromeBooks as regular antibac/antivirus/alcohol wipes will be ok there. My concern is sanitising the touchscreens in a way that won’t damage the screens. From what I can gather the advice For cleaning LED screens is to use a microfibre cloth sprayed with a solution designed to remove fingerprints - however this won’t remove virus/germs etc. If anyone has any ideas I’d love you to share them here. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Who are you sharing it with? If it's members of your household I Wouldn't be worrying too much to be honest as long as you are observing hygiene and cleaning guidelines generally

There's such a thing as over-caution when it comes to this whole thing, but if it's too much a concern then the only real answer is probably not to share the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

UVC light wand.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭taffy lulu

Apologies, it’s LCD touchscreen not LED. The Chromebooks are shared by students in a school. The wand idea is a good one, but not very suitable for use in schools.

isopropyl alcohol diluted down to 70% and put on a cloth and wiped won't damage your screen and will kill virus and bacteria.

pick it up in a pharmacy, hardware shop etc

(https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=20579672000)

article about using it

https://housewifehowtos.com/clean/how-to-clean-electronic-screens/

Advertisement