Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Finisher Programme

Options
  • 06-08-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Goodnight folks, just wondering do you think there will be a major uptake on the new €50m Beef Scheme announced by the Minister yesterday?

The Department are hoping to target around 42,000 beef finishers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dunedin

There are no stipulations like the last one so assuming farmers are eligible then there’ll be 100% take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

So its a form of subsidising it moreso than a real scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭893bet

Think of it similar to the Covid wages scheme.
    Beef prices were down due to low demand due to Covid.. Farmers had no choice but to sell as the cattle were ready to go at that time. This is a small top up per head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Odd to see the 20 dirts of jersey cows the brother in law got rid of due to lack of grass been viewed the same as my lovely fat continentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Do cattle you sold in the Mart but killed 30 days later automatically come up? How about if we’re killed in the north?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Jjameson wrote: »
    Do cattle you sold in the Mart but killed 30 days later automatically come up? How about if we’re killed in the north?

AFAIK exported cattle do not count not sure if exported to the North and slaughtered in the North. Yes cattle killed within 30 days if sale whether through a mart or not are paid on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

AFAIK exported cattle do not count not sure if exported to the North and slaughtered in the North. Yes cattle killed within 30 days if sale whether through a mart or not are paid on

I put in an application and there was a number came up automatically which corresponds with what I killed myself in the factory. However I sold last 2 in the mart. Would these come up automatically if killed here then within 30 days or do I assume they went to the north?

There was a box titled do you want this number reviewed..
    And then a box to write details.
    Which I done. I’m not signed up to Icbf to asset where they went or when.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I put in an application and there was a number came up automatically which corresponds with what I killed myself in the factory. However I sold last 2 in the mart. Would these come up automatically if killed here then within 30 days or do I assume they went to the north?

I think you can put a tag number into ICBF to Chech breeding I'd an animal without being a member. Not sure what comes up. The mart may be able to tell you where they went of they input the number into the CMS

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

Asking the mart where you sold the cattle is your best bet here.
    Putting an animals tag number into ICBF only gives information if the animal is in a herd number which is signed up to HerdPlus at the time of checking.

Advertisement