Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What saw for cutting Gloss Lacquered pelmet and cornice?

Options
  • 06-08-2020 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

What saw for cutting Gloss Lacquered pelmet and cornice?

Fitting a high gloss lacquered kitchen at the moment, nearly finished and the pelmet and cornice is my last job on it. Was originally going to use my tenon saw but realise now it's not fine enough to cut them with out chipping the finish. Was going to buy a finer dovetail and smaller mitre box but thinking now maybe I'm as well to invest in a mitre saw?

The basic evolution saw seems well enough reviewed though I would need to buy a higher tpi blade for it. 48 tooth Trend blade I got for my plunge saw has done a good job on the cover panels and fillers I've cut so far. 60 is probably min I should get for a mitre saw?

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/evolution-r210cms-210mm-electric-single-bevel-compound-mitre-saw-240v/7277p

Is it this the better option? I will have use for it down the line around my own house a good handsaw is a cheaper option but will take a lot longer. I've about 20 45 degrees mitres to do and 4 for the corner unit I need to work out the angles on.

Trying the get my head around Japanese saw options too. I've already bought a fair few tools to do this work for my mum so don't want to be spending too much more at the moment. On the other hand the tools I've bought are ones I've put off buying before and will need down the line. I've plenty of jobs around my own house need doing!

Advertisement