Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Playing multiple rounds over a weekend- handicap

• 05-08-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ TXPTGR1

Question- have 4 separate open comps booked at different clubs next week-2 of them in one day-if I get a score in first or 2nd do I need to impose a cut on myself-previous cuts I’ve had take a few days to progress on gui system I think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭ spacecoyote

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Question- have 4 separate open comps booked at different clubs next week-2 of them in one day-if I get a score in first or 2nd do I need to impose a cut on myself-previous cuts I’ve had take a few days to progress on gui system I think?

Yes, you should apply a cut at every point even if it's not yet up on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,518 ✭✭✭✭ GreeBo

Yep, cut yourself based on the sss of the course you played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice

As above.

I remembering saying this to my partner in a Team comp against 2 other clubs. He had scored well the day before, I said to him over breakfast that he needed to cut himself. Why would I do that, that's a stupid rule he said to me. So I said no more. He found out the hard way that day.

Looking back I should have just cut him on the card myself. It was a team comp ran over 3 days. Our card was discarded which put us from being 8 ahead to 5 behind after day 1. We lost overall but would have won if he listened to me :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,518 ✭✭✭✭ GreeBo

etxp wrote: »
    As above.

I remembering saying this to my partner in a Team comp against 2 other clubs. He had scored well the day before, I said to him over breakfast that he needed to cut himself. Why would I do that, that's a stupid rule he said to me. So I said no more. He found out the hard way that day.

Looking back I should have just cut him on the card myself. It was a team comp ran over 3 days. Our card was discarded which put us from being 8 ahead to 5 behind after day 1. We lost overall but would have won if he listened to me :(.

Was his previous good score also part of the competition?
    If so, then he shouldnt have been cut, unless each day was strictly a separate competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭ DuckSlice

GreeBo wrote: »
    Was his previous good score also part of the competition?
    If so, then he shouldnt have been cut, unless each day was strictly a separate competition?

No it was a totally separate comp. he played a singles comp the day before the team event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement