Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should Every Post Made By Spidersweb Be Deleted- Full Ban Too

• 30-07-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Should we delete every post/comment made by spidersweb in this chess forum? With tthe option to ban too.

A simple majority in favour being accepted as the fair result by spidersweb.

I vote to abstain and accept the majority vote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I would miss your posts. I usually have a novel on the go but don't at the moment, with your lengthy posts I have all the reading material that I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭spidersweb

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I would miss your posts. I usually have a novel on the go but don't at the moment, with your lengthy posts I have all the reading material that I need.

Nah I think you are in the minority (think it is still allowed to say that, coz like it is an allegation or an accusation by me maybe? Perhaps I could be banned for that?) as I have it on good authority that according to one guy
    Most of the forum is getting tired of your rants - so to make it clear, stop throwing out accusations against posters, or don't post here.
    One or the other.
    Backed up with a threat- sorry, I mean warning, by none other than this cdep guy. Who seems to relish sending me such "warnings" (there have been so many- which make no sense to me and contradict themselves so much to my mind) while often insulting me and describing my views as expressed as nonsense and rants or just too wordy.

I find it all comical and amusing and sometimes even useful material for work and study I am doing on the human psychology in the digital age. The way humans act out their emotions and frustrations online, as compared with how they would in person and face to face with other people in real life.
    Anyways he (cdep guy) tells me in a "warning" that
    You've been warned before about throwing around stuff like "ignorant" and "nasty"
    All of which has a simple solution and method of clarification which I mentioned and had deleted. Specifically:

I do wonder if there is a way in which the moderator could just delete (not just snip/cut out/censor) every single post made by spiderweb in one go? Surely that would be even better for folks like yourself. Maybe we should have a poll on that How about it cdep, seriously it might just be the fairest thing to do for all chess fans.

Should we delete every post made by spidersweb? I would accept the results of such a poll and accept such an outcome with good grace.

Maybe suspend or ban spiderwebs from this whole website?At least for the duration of the Irish ch maybe?

Why not? If that is what is the likes of Rookspawn and cdep want. Seems fair to me.

So yes, lets be fair, and just see how many would like to delete all posts by spidersweb and as an option ban spidersweb too?

Advertisement