Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne apartments

Options
  • 30-07-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am first time buyer and looking to buy 2 bedroom apartment in Ashbourne. Can someone tell me which estates or apartment blocks are better than others? Is there something to avoid or specific problems with some of them? Which ones would you recommend?

Our budget is up to €250,000, maybe more, but would prefer it cheaper.

The ones in Killegland buildings are very tempting in terms of price (usually around 185k), but there are other, smaller buildings that might be better choice, like Broadmeadow Castle that's right next to it, or Seagrave Square? They are usually a bit more expensive.

There are some current examples on Daft for all of these, and also there place in Millbourne Park which is 3-bed but at the price od 210k. Seems even better, or I am missing something.

There is old thread from 2006, similar to this one, but I can't post links being new user.
    It says that areas around St John's Wood and Cluainn Ri are not nice. Was there few weeks back and it doesn't seem like that at all, except bricks on external stairwells look a bit bleached for some reason.

The whole town actually seems very pleasant and I do not see any type of problems you'd encounter in some parts of Dublin with much higher apartment prices.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ning

If you go with Killegland, make sure you get the pyrite-free & fire safety certificates. I believe some of the buildings were affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Killegland is awful, please avoid. The amount of antisocial behaviour there is nothing short of scandalous. We were renting and recently moved due to a resident urinating on people's doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TaDa

Looking to move here. I found this thread existed so will add to it

I also see houses in killegland, the estate previously referenced. Are they complete and sold?

Advertisement