Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)

looking for running partner about 2.45/2.50 marathon shape

  • 30-07-2020 12:52pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭ peter kern


    initially for the month of august
    based in sandymount but inside the m50 would suit.
    running is a bit all over the shop at the moment due due a pinged nerve.
    yesterday session was 4x4 k on treadmil with 4 min easy at 3.53k pace (and dont worry i can deal with miles if needed
    that was a bad day but i have those when iam tight and do a lot of cycling and swimming.and there is days i would be 10 sec a k faster.
    looking for somebody to do tempo runs 40 / 60 min at around 3.50k pace and 2 k or 1 miler intervals 6/8 reps around 3.30 k pace dont really mind if you are a bit slower or faster shared pain is half pain.



    iam flexible with times as i work for myself and can plan around.
    sat or tue would be the ideal days but again i can work around it.

    if you can ride a bike and are around 4.40hours for 180 k you are welcome to write too
    and a swimmer that does around min 52 for 3.8 k welcome too lol
    you see i am looking for training partner for key sessions...

    in the hope to race beginng of september * good chace that race will happen and mid of oktober (that was the planned key race( no idea how that will go so right now the focus is on september. so next few weeks are key weeks. and while swim and bike are quite good for september race the run isnt so its obviously the main focus but at the same time i cant overdo it too much ,and i need to go slower on the days iam not feeling the run love, so if you need a metronome ,at the moment , iam not the right person for you

    ps i am not much into small talk.
    pss i dont use gps devices. so i prefer to train on the same course at least every 2 weeks , but if you have a gps iam flexible. ( but please don talk to me how your live was turned up side down during the garmin outage lol


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭ Chivito550


    That's a very specific list of requirements. Have to say the comment about not being into small talk isn't hugely inviting to people.

    You'd be better off trying the triathlon forum anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭ event


    I'd nearly want to be paid to agree to that :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭ Sam Quentin


    event wrote: »
    I'd nearly want to be paid to agree to that :pac:

    I couldn't do it if I was paid :o


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭ Ceepo


    Chivito550 wrote: »
    That's a very specific list of requirements. Have to say the comment about not being into small talk isn't hugely inviting to people.

    You'd be better off trying the triathlon forum anyway.

    2.45 in the triathlon forum??


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭ ThebitterLemon


    If this was Tinder there’d be lots of swiping left :)

    TbL


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭ event


    I couldn't do it if I was paid :o

    Neither could I but I'd want to be paid to attempt it :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭ shotgunmcos


    Give Zico10 a call


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ lulublue22


    peter kern wrote: »
    initially for the month of august
    based in sandymount but inside the m50 would suit.
    running is a bit all over the shop at the moment due due a pinged nerve.
    yesterday session was 4x4 k on treadmil with 4 min easy at 3.53k pace (and dont worry i can deal with miles if needed
    that was a bad day but i have those when iam tight and do a lot of cycling and swimming.and there is days i would be 10 sec a k faster.
    looking for somebody to do tempo runs 40 / 60 min at around 3.50k pace and 2 k or 1 miler intervals 6/8 reps around 3.30 k pace dont really mind if you are a bit slower or faster shared pain is half pain.



    iam flexible with times as i work for myself and can plan around.
    sat or tue would be the ideal days but again i can work around it.

    if you can ride a bike and are around 4.40hours for 180 k you are welcome to write too
    and a swimmer that does around min 52 for 3.8 k welcome too lol
    you see i am looking for training partner for key sessions...

    in the hope to race beginng of september * good chace that race will happen and mid of oktober (that was the planned key race( no idea how that will go so right now the focus is on september. so next few weeks are key weeks. and while swim and bike are quite good for september race the run isnt so its obviously the main focus but at the same time i cant overdo it too much ,and i need to go slower on the days iam not feeling the run love, so if you need a metronome ,at the moment , iam not the right person for you

    ps i am not much into small talk.
    pss i dont use gps devices. so i prefer to train on the same course at least every 2 weeks , but if you have a gps iam flexible. ( but please don talk to me how your live was turned up side down during the garmin outage lol

    Kudos for putting this up 😠As someone who finds small talk for the sake of it irritating I get where you are coming from. Bit of natural quiet never hurt anyone 😠Hope you find a running partner.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭ BeepBeep67


    Do you like Pina Coladas?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭ Itziger


    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Do you like Pina Coladas?

    Even if that's a no, you'll surely get caught in the rain a few times and then there's the 'dunes' of Cape Sandymount.

    This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭ partyguinness


    Jaysus I am breaking into a nervous sweat just reading the OP.


  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭ dickidy


    HOW IN SWEET JESUS ANYONE COULD TALK LET ALONE WANT TO DOING THOSE NUMBERS IS BEYOND ME.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭ partyguinness


    dickidy wrote: »
    HOW IN SWEET JESUS ANYONE COULD TALK LET ALONE WANT TO DOING THOSE NUMBERS IS BEYOND ME.


    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Who the fcuk is going to be talking in that zone? In fact I am surprised such a committed runner would want a running partner at all at the business end of a training schedule.


    I certainly do not want a partmer and I am only slumming it around the 3:15.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 RunOnTheLeft


    After reading the original post my first thought was that person would going to be c*nt to train with, zero craic!


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭ RacoonQueen


    Wow some unnecessary responses to this. If you can't offer help why respond?

    Wind necks in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭ TFBubendorfer


    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Who the fcuk is going to be talking in that zone? In fact I am surprised such a committed runner would want a running partner at all at the business end of a training schedule.

    I certainly do not want a partmer and I am only slumming it around the 3:15.

    When I was in decent enough shape I trained pretty hard at times and would have preferred a training partner for my workouts myself at times. It's just easier to go through the pain if it's shared.

    Also, at those effort levels I wouldn't have fancied small talk either. Some posters here would do well to sit back and think if it's really appropriate to respond to a request with hostility and even outright abuse.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ IvoryTower


    Is abusing tri-athletes not our jam


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭ partyguinness


    When I was in decent enough shape I trained pretty hard at times and would have preferred a training partner for my workouts myself at times. It's just easier to go through the pain if it's shared.

    Also, at those effort levels I wouldn't have fancied small talk either. Some posters here would do well to sit back and think if it's really appropriate to respond to a request with hostility and even outright abuse.


    Indeed I could really have done with a partner last night doing the 3km reps at threshold. No fun on your own when you need a target.

    I hope I wasn't seen to be dishing out abuse or hostility- certainly not my intention. It is more admiration if anything for the level of training and commitment required.


  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭ dickidy


    To be fair I think most comments are complements. Back handed ones maybe but I think anyone who does train with Peter will be a lot better athlete after.
    If I ever get near those number count me in


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ Marty Bird


    I would have been close to this shape by now struggled with calf injury’s the last few months. I would have jumped at the chance. I hope you find a partner Peter best of luck with it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ Kurt_Godel.


    Peter is one of the most helpful posters on the Triathlon forum- he's always got a useful answer whether the question comes from a Kona athlete or a newbie wetsuit question.

    Its shocking to read some of the responses here- quickly escalated from nitpicking to poking fun to outright abuse. As an athlete performing at a high level he deserves much better than that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭ Murph_D


    Peter is one of the most helpful posters on the Triathlon forum- he's always got a useful answer whether the question comes from a Kona athlete or a newbie wetsuit question.

    Its shocking to read some of the responses here- quickly escalated from nitpicking to poking fun to outright abuse. As an athlete performing at a high level he deserves much better than that.

    I agree with the general thrust of your post, but 'outright abuse' is stretching it a bit IMO.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭ Itziger


    Murph_D wrote: »
    I agree with the general thrust of your post, but 'outright abuse' is stretching it a bit IMO.

    Most of the responses were a bit of banter. One or two (I haven't read back over them) were a bit of colour alright.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭ squinn2912


    I’d love to have a go at training with this guy!! Too far away but ideal for the serious days. Don’t think I’d quite have the legs for it but great man to learn from I’d say.
    On the comments made I confess I giggled a bit but we all should remember that one person is being aimed at. Fair Fuks to you for opening up like that and smash those events then tell us your times. See how smart the responses are to that!


Advertisement