Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

classic auto electrician (Dublin - ish )

• 29-07-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

folks - has anyone a recommendation for an Auto electrician in Dublin area ( although I might be willing to travel )

I have a 1990 XJ40 with some dodgy electrics ( doesn't everybody ) and the guy who looked at it for me already was left frustrated as he had no idea.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

As a fellow (previous) owner of a vintage car with dodgy electrics, did you try clean the ground points?

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    As a fellow (previous) owner of a vintage car with dodgy electrics, did you try clean the ground points?

Thanks Unkel but as an Australian friend of mine might say "I wouldn't have a didgeridoo what ground points even is !" :D

If you've ever seen the under dashboard of an XJ40 - you'd understand we are at the point where cars started to get real complicated - and sadly it also coincided with the middle of British build quality being utterly abysmal !

no less than 3 fuse boxes - seemingly hundreds of relays - dozens of "controllers" from the nose to the very tail

I think someone dropped their plate of spaghetti on the wiring diagram and they just built it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭ Brian Scan

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Thanks Unkel but as an Australian friend of mine might say "I wouldn't have a didgeridoo what ground points even is !" :D

If you've ever seen the under dashboard of an XJ40 - you'd understand we are at the point where cars started to get real complicated - and sadly it also coincided with the middle of British build quality being utterly abysmal !

no less than 3 fuse boxes - seemingly hundreds of relays - dozens of "controllers" from the nose to the very tail

I think someone dropped their plate of spaghetti on the wiring diagram and they just built it :D

Hamilton's Auto Electrics, 6 Grantham Place, Camden Street, Dublin |  Phone: 01 4755157

Advertisement