Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I set up a business while applying for mortgage?

Options
  • 29-07-2020 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I am a PAYE worker with a full time job and should have no problem getting a mortgage with my fiance.

Recently I have a found a niche in selling specific art posters which has potential to bring in ~€100-€200 profit a week. If I go and set up this side project with Revenue while still keeping my 9-5 job, will this side project prevent us from getting approved. I mean would this new side venture negatively affect our chances or should we wait until after mortgage approval? This would mean losing out on business in the meantime.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If you're staying in your existing employment it should not make any difference. If you were applying solely on self employment income then you will need to supply 2/3 years accounts and tax records.

You need to keep the self employed income separately and take into consideration that there needs to be a paper trail and explanation for every transaction over the previous 6 months in your current and savings accounts.

Hi, I am a PAYE worker with a full time job and should have no problem getting a mortgage with my fiance.

Recently I have a found a niche in selling specific art posters which has potential to bring in ~€100-€200 profit a week. If I go and set up this side project with Revenue while still keeping my 9-5 job, will this side project prevent us from getting approved. I mean would this new side venture negatively affect our chances or should we wait until after mortgage approval? This would mean losing out on business in the meantime.

Advertisement