Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Store Refunds due to technical issues

Options
  • 29-07-2020 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭

So I got MK11 a few nights back. Played through the 2 parts of the story. Played a bit of the Krypt and tried the Klassic Tower mode. First night I tried the 5-tier tower 4 or 5 times, each time getting disconnected from the server and booted to the main screen. Tried there again tonight, and after 8 attempts I managed to get to the boss (every other game had the same server disconnection after 2 or 3 matches) and after 4 attempts at her I beat her. But, got disconnected just after the ending played so I think I missed out on whatever rewards there were.

This isn't good enough, and I can't imagine I'll be able to finish any of the other towers for the same reason. Would that be grounds for a refund due to technical issues outside of my control? It locks out a lot of the game due to requiring a constant online for the Towers, Krypt and online matches. It's not my internet, FTTH 150mb and even over Wi-Fi getting 120Mbps+. No issues with other online games, ie: NBA 2K which will also boot you for not being connected, but it has never happened, rarely get disconnected from matches in MW and that's because someone got pissy and was the host. It is making the 'main' part of the game unplayable imo.

I know the refund policy is 14 days/can't download, but a recent case in Oz overthrew that, and Oz is covered by Sony EU, and the UK crowd are also investigating, saying the 14 days/downloaded is counter to consumer rights (Sony had to pay around $AUS3.5 million).

Do ye reckon I have a leg to stand on? €45 was a good bargain, but not if you can't play the majority of the game!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bought Metal Slug collection on PSN and it was a garbage 50hz port of the original. I had played it already for about 10 minutes but decided to try their claims process as was disgusted I had wasted my money. They gave me a full refund on good faith.

It's worth trying for a refund. They can just say no. Juts explain the issue and that you don't believe the product is fit for use as parts of it don't function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brckmrphy

I have bought MK11 and when I play it online with my friend it gets stuck in the middle of the game. Beside that it is working okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Think I'll chance my arm, all reports saying to use the chat option but don't know if we have that over this side of the pond. I'll try my best and report back.

Edit: submitted, now I wait.

So they replied, looking for more info, which I sent back, and then got a generic copy/paste reply wanting me to try everything up to and including initialisation. Smh. So i obviously sent back saying thanks for the generic copy/paste reply and that I won't be initialising for a single game as other games (as previously explained) don't have the issue. Next reply will be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I bought a game on 16th July 2 weeks later and it is free on EA Access which I already own, how can a company actually charge 30euro for a game then 2 weeks after launch make it free on EA Access, surely I would have a case for refund?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I bought a game on 16th July 2 weeks later and it is free on EA Access which I already own, how can a company actually charge 30euro for a game then 2 weeks after launch make it free on EA Access, surely I would have a case for refund?

Did you ask EA?

Different scenario to OPs, so doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you ask EA?

Different scenario to OPs, so doubt it.

EA refunding money...

Is that even a thing? Got shafted in every way possible, bought the season pass for cash , then 2 days later could have got it for free also...

I think that's just luck of the draw. It's like buying a new car and the same model getting a discount a week later. Don't think you'll manage to get a refund in that case, but worth trying!

As for my case, I've to upload a video of the error to YouTube and send them the link. It happened within 5 minutes of me recording the first video, just a pain in the hole to get it onto YouTube.

Forgot to update, finally figured out how to link my own YouTube to the PS4 instead of this mad made up one they created. Uploaded the 5 min clip, took a screenshot of the error and of the clip details from Gallery, and sent it all on to them 2 nights ago. Waiting on a reply. Had to put in a disclaimer re: the violence just in case some snowflake decided to watch it and see me chopping the head off a character.

Advertisement