Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Recommendation

Options
  • 28-07-2020 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

fat bloke wrote: »
    Schwalbe One V-guard Evolution Road folding tyres for about 20 quid in Merlin cycles.

Black on black sold out in 25's but I got a bunch of tan side-walled ones. Crackin deal if the 60 euro RRP rings true.

https://www.merlincycles.com/schwalbe-one-v-guard-evolution-road-folding-tyre-700c-100494.html

Someone recommended them about a week ago, unfortunately none in a 28mm Tyre.

Can anyone recommend something puncture resistant at a decent price - I currently use Continental Gatorskins, I see quite a few of you dislike these, I'd like to see if I notice any difference (for the better) on something else.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod Note: Moved from Bargain Alerts, as looking for recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

Specialized Roubaix?

Not as armoured as gatorskins but on a par with the armadillos that I used for thousands of km.

Loads of grip, roll nice and a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

For what it’s worth I hated gatorskins. They’re great for puncture resistance but handling wise they’re seriously poor.

I’m running Pirelli p zero 4S now and they are afar more grippy for want of a better word. No punctures yet. Probably tomorrow now that I’ve said that.

They have a more puncture resistant one Cinturato I think it’s called that can be ran tubeless or with a tube. Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

For what it’s worth I hated gatorskins. They’re great for puncture resistance but handling wise they’re seriously poor.

I have heard this opinion expressed several times around here, and it has been scaring me sh1tless descending with this at the back of my mind.
    Could you expand on what you mean by poor handling? I may have noticed, yet not put two and two together.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Crc are seeking 2 x 700/25 vitoria rubino pro's for c€30.. I doubt that can be beaten by too much. They are light grippy tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

Bought them, things split all around the carcass.

Sod that.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Unfortunately out of stock, plus I am looking for 700/28. But a great price, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Michelin Power Endurance. I’ve them in 28mm on my winter/wet bike and love them. They get dogs abuse on country/mountain roads in Donegal and not a single nick or cut and more importantly any punctures in approx 1500kms and they still look like new.

Highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

wheel01 - Conti Grand Prix 4 Seasons in 28mm is a brilliant allround tyre. Look great too.

Not the cheapest however, but powering my road-going cx bike the last year or so and I have 100% confidence in all weathers and on all surfaces.

Advertisement