Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAXAM mtb, early-mid 90s?

Options
  • 28-07-2020 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Many, many, many (many) years ago, I had the opportunity to join the team at the now defunct CyclePath bike shop in Victoria BC. After a very brief tenure on the squad, I ended up being lusted away from CyclePath and into/onto the Kona pro development team...I was young, and the Kona brand had such a pull on me at the time.

To get to the point: While with CyclePath I was mulling over which of their bikes to put under me. In addition to Iron Horse and Wheeler, the shop was slinging a brand called Maxxim (??) at the time. I've seen exactly ONE in the wild over the past 25 years (Vancouver BC)...and one for sale on craigslist (Victoria BC)...

I've always been curious about this brand/company (Maxxim), but can't find any information on their history; or really any evidence that they ever existed at all...

Anyone have any info on this elusive company?

Advertisement