Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barista Nixer / Training

• 27-07-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Rocket Appartamento machine 2 weeks ago, and greatly enjoying 'trying' to make a good coffee.

I had no idea previously, that there was so many variables to making a good coffee (grind, weighing, timing, pour, beans, milk texture, etc etc etc).

I have watched 101 different videos on YouTube, and my coffees are getting better by the day (so my other half tells me anyway :-)

Does anyone know of a Barista that would do pop out to someone's house and give them an hour training for good hourly rate... similar to guitar lessons, grinds or any other teaching?

I know there are lots of courses etc, however I would love one hour of training and then enjoy learning about it more, in my own time, instead of a lengthly course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I know a place where a friend of mine got a few lessons - it's a coffee shop that is also a kind of "front" for suppliers of coffee shop equipment.

I won't post the name publicly, but PM me if you are interested, my friend asked them for a few hours experience and learning and afaik they were taken to the equipment show room rather than working in the shop itself. But they initially asked in the shop. The same person owns and manages both places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Coffee Angel & 3FE both do Barista training... at their premisis.

If you want home training on your machine, ask your local barista if they'd be interested, offer them money to come home with you to help you with your equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bluefoam wrote: »
    offer them money to come home with you to help you with your equipment.

:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe don't phrase it quite like that! :pac:

There is also the Dublin Barista school in teh city centre - they do one day courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Haha, thanks guys. PM sent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I got an Appartamento a year or so ago and found that I needed an E61 thermometer to help with the cooling flush and temperatures. Otherwise you will be wildly out on brew temps possibly leading to burnt coffee.
    Loads of articles on the net.

https://coffee-sensor.com/product/digital-coffee-sensor-thermometer-and-adapter-for-e61-groupheads-pro-version/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a Rocket Appartamento machine 2 weeks ago, and greatly enjoying 'trying' to make a good coffee.

I had no idea previously, that there was so many variables to making a good coffee (grind, weighing, timing, pour, beans, milk texture, etc etc etc).

I have watched 101 different videos on YouTube, and my coffees are getting better by the day (so my other half tells me anyway :-)

Does anyone know of a Barista that would do pop out to someone's house and give them an hour training for good hourly rate... similar to guitar lessons, grinds or any other teaching?

I know there are lots of courses etc, however I would love one hour of training and then enjoy learning about it more, in my own time, instead of a lengthly course.

https://www.nisbets.ie/how-to-steam-froth-milk?cm_mmc=Adwords-_-612434143-_-27976708608-_-dsa-19959388920&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvIT5BRCqARIsAAwwD-SmXMnBhZ3Il4H6JS2sDiGEQXmmdNjbJUpOzmLCnghpsX_-4nZupvcaApYZEALw_wcB

You might find some of this helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jobin16

oo7 and myself had a very successful training session over Skype today with another one booked for next week.

Covid19 is really changing how we interact with each other but I felt the overall experience was extremely positive.

If anyone is interested in something similar, feel free to contact me.

(I am not sure if this goes against forum rules and will be happy to remove this comment if it does)

Advertisement