Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

KWC 1911 CO2 Mag Output Valve O-Ring specs?

• 27-07-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭ xboxdad

Hi everyone,

One of my KWC 1911 CO2 mags needs a new output valve o-ring.
    I don't need a new valve and I'd like to have a few spare o-rings.

Does anybody know the specs of this o-ring so that I can source a few? Searching for KWC specifially is a limiting factor it seems.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭ Grolschevik

Interested in answers to this, too, so I'm really just asking the question to bump the topic:

Is there anything special about these particular O rings, or are they just laike the ones that hardware shops have in different sizes in their thousands?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭ xboxdad

Yeah, it'd be great to know the dimensions & material so that we could find alternatives in stores unrelated to airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭ Grolschevik

xboxdad wrote: »
    Yeah, it'd be great to know the dimensions & material so that we could find alternatives in stores unrelated to airsoft.

Take one out and bring it to a shop to compare sizes? Get a few in different materials (if they come in different materials) and see what works best? They're dirt cheap, as far as I remember. Smaller stores will literally have them loose in boxes for you to examine.

Reckon when my seals go, I'll try that.

Take one out and bring it to a shop to compare sizes? Get a few in different materials (if they come in different materials) and see what works best? They're dirt cheap, as far as I remember. Smaller stores will literally have them loose in boxes for you to examine.

Reckon when my seals go, I'll try that.

Yeah, I really would like to do that. ...but I only have one working magazine ATM and I don't dare to take it apart while it's still working. Such a dodgy piece of design...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

Did you have any luck with this in the end?

One of my magazines (fairly new too) refuses to hold CO2, just spews it all out the exhaust.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you have any luck with this in the end?

One of my magazines (fairly new too) refuses to hold CO2, just spews it all out the exhaust.

I found a guy on ebay who researched the topic and found workable o rings. I bought a few off him, but didn't try them yet.

The listing is gone, but you may want to contact the seller anyways:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254641964029

• Registered Users Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

xboxdad wrote: »
    I found a guy on ebay who researched the topic and found workable o rings. I bought a few off him, but didn't try them yet.

The listing is gone, but you may want to contact the seller anyways:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254641964029

Excellent! Thanks a million.

Advertisement