Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whereto buy Planed Timber

Options
  • 25-07-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

So I am looking for 4" x 4" red deal / southern yellow pine /douglas fir planed timber lenghts.

I am really struggling to find any where outside of Dubin; I am in cork myself but there seems to be no options around Cork at all.

Is anyone able to advise of any sawmills that supply these.

I have tried most of the big boys ie Brooks, Chadwicks, Abby Woods, European Hardwoods, Goodwins, McMahons, Cork Builders Providers, MD O Sheas & Woodies

Any suggestions appreciated ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bagels4me

Hi Folks,

So I am looking for 4" x 4" red deal / southern yellow pine /douglas fir planed timber lenghts.

I am really struggling to find any where outside of Dubin; I am in cork myself but there seems to be no options around Cork at all.

Is anyone able to advise of any sawmills that supply these.

I have tried most of the big boys ie Brooks, Chadwicks, Abby Woods, European Hardwoods, Goodwins, McMahons, Cork Builders Providers, MD O Sheas & Woodies

Any suggestions appreciated ?

Can you buy rough sawn lengths and take them to a joinery company to plane down?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

I have rang a few places but have been told unless you purchase from them then they wont plane your timber.

Any of the guys I have rang dont stock 4 x 4's seems to be hard to get a hold of

Advertisement