Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

UK import of PIHE - UK car grant implcations

• 24-07-2020 3:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Sam Russell

I am looking at buying a 2018 UK plugin hybrid. PHEV

I came across a note somewhere that I cannot now find. Basically it suggested that one requires the consent of the Minister of Transport to export an EV. I assume this is to claw back any EV grant paid on the car.

I cannot find any information, but it would appear wise if they were to claw some back.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 6,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭ liamog

They are more commonly referred to as a PHEV (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle), I've not heard of anybody having a clawback issue, and lots of them have been imported from the UK to Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Sam Russell

Any idea where I can find out more?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭ Zenith74

There are hundreds of EVs brought across the water every year, never heard of this, suggest you don't worry about it.

Advertisement