Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoegaarden

Options
  • 23-07-2020 5:15pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭


    Really liking this stuff as of late but it's pretty pricey at my local shops - €8.50 for 4 330ml bottles.

    Is it only available in bottles?

    Has anyone seen better value around? I'd buy a few crates.

    Thanks


Comments

  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat


    Alkers wrote: »
    Really liking this stuff as of late but it's pretty pricey at my local shops - €8.50 for 4 330ml bottles.

    Is it only available in bottles?

    Has anyone seen better value around? I'd buy a few crates.

    Thanks

    It appears on draught in the odd place. Lidl and Tesco up North have the big bottles going cheap all the time. Dunno bout the South though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub


    7.50 in obriens.

    https://www.obrienswine.ie/products/hoegaarden-33cl-bottle-4pk

    it used to be on offer quite a bit in tesco, have not noticed it in ages. I wondered if they had properly tried to market it here and then gave up.

    7euro here https://nutsaboutwine.ie/shop/hoegaarden-white-4-x-330ml-e6-99/


  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭sceach16


    Alkers wrote: »
    Really liking this stuff as of late but it's pretty pricey at my local shops - €8.50 for 4 330ml bottles.

    Is it only available in bottles?

    Has anyone seen better value around? I'd buy a few crates.

    Thanks


    Dunnes have it for 6.75 for 4. If U have a voucher(10 off 50 or 5 off 25) it comes out at 5.40 or 1.35 for 330 ml. I like it! :D...I think its most shops but Portmarnock is where I get it.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai


    Hoegaarden is one of my favourite beers and if on tap nothing else will get a look in. I know some find the taste a little strange but I love it.
    A couple of years back you'd find it at least a few pubs but now it seems to be replaced by other beers. I find the price can vary a lot in supermarkets and off licences, about 6 months ago Lidl had 4 packs really cheap but then in true Lidl fashion you might not see it again for months.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm


    irish_goat wrote: »
    It appears on draught in the odd place. Lidl and Tesco up North have the big bottles going cheap all the time. Dunno bout the South though.

    +1 for NI Tesco - saw 8 x 330ml for £9 which is probably cheap as chips. Used to drink a decent bit of it in London 20 years ago. Only problem was you couldn’t have 10 pints of it or I’d find that it was icky bowels time. I wonder if there was surplus yeast in it.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut


    Marcusm wrote: »
    Only problem was you couldn’t have 10 pints of it or I’d find that it was icky bowels time. I wonder if there was surplus yeast in it.
    A scientist! :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop


    sceach16 wrote: »
    Dunnes have it for 6.75 for 4. If U have a voucher(10 off 50 or 5 off 25) it comes out at 5.40 or 1.35 for 330 ml. I like it! :D...I think its most shops but Portmarnock is where I get it.

    Was only €6 until recently, much to the disappointment of my OH


  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm


    Lidl has 750ml bottles from time to time but its a while since i have sern them


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola


    It crops up here occasionally in the big bottles in LIDL although I haven't seen it for quite a while. Seems to be widely enough available in big supermarkets. It's always in my local Dunnes in 4x330ml packs for around 6+ quid so look around.


Advertisement