Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic Tank - Non Compliant - Which regs do we follow?

Options
  • 22-07-2020 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks,
    Myself and my wife are currently purchasing her parent’s house who are downsizing.
    The original bungalow was built in 1979 with a large extension (up and out) built in 2000.
    We are now purchasing the house (with a mortgage) but the SEPTIC TANK is an issue-it is 1 metre from the boundary to a neighbours field. The engineer who surveyed the house said we would not get a Certificate of Compliance for it which the bank would require for the mortgage.
    For the 1979 planning permission, the conditions stated that the tank needed to be 9.5 metres away from the boundary, which it wasn’t obviously.

My questions are:
    1. Does the bank require this Certificate of Compliance?

2. Does the septic tank need to comply with the regs that were in place for the 1979 build, or the 2000 extension?
    (In the Schedule of Conditions with the 2000 extension, it states that 'the existing septic tank and effluent disposal system shall be constructed and laid out in accordance with the provisions of SR6 (1991) published by Eolas)

3. Do we need to get planning permission to moved the septic tank?, or can we ‘just’ do a site suitability test away from the boundary and relocate it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

1. Ask bank
    2. As per the latest planning SR6
    3. Yes planning required.

Advertisement