Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing name from account

Options
  • 21-07-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have account with electric ireland (esb) for 20 years. It was in my name until I got married 7 years ago and is now in joint name  . I have transferred same account to each new house move. I am now separatng from husband and moving house. Can I remove husbands name from account? If so how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Brenni,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It is necessary to close that account. On your last day at the property, take note of the meter-reading(s) and complete the following form - leaving the meter-reading(s) with the person who is remaining at the property, so that they can open an account in their name.

Then when you move into your new home, register for supply with the meter-reading(s) taken on your first day, and the property's electricity meter point reference number (MPRN) - the GPRN for gas also, if relevant.

If you are interested in registering with Electric Ireland at your new home, do let us know, and we can advise you of the latest offer.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement