Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages payment after lockdown

Options
  • 20-07-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I turned back to work after 18th of May. My employee paid covid19 payment first 4 weeks.
    I was working over 40 hours a week and got only 350 euro per week.
    When i contacted to financial department they mailed my work in and out times.
    I calculated at home without tax,prsi etc.
    I made excel sheet to send my financial department.
    But still I didnt hear anything from financial department.
    Look like they are ignoring and or trying to close this s.it like that.

So what should I do now?

Also another thing is
    I got call from General manager during lockdown.
    He said "this year we don't get paid holiday because of lockdown"
    Is it possible to do that? How can they decide for unexpected situation?
    For sure I dont have any topic in my contract for "if world is crash,virus effect work or lockdown etc. you cant get your annual paid holiday"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

If you were on temporary layoff i.e. not working for a period of time, you don't accrue holidays for that period. You would still be owed your holidays for the time you worked before and after the layoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Get onto Citizen’s Information and your union. It’s illegal for full-time staff to get less than 20 days paid leave. You’ll lose a couple of days because you didn’t work for a while but you can’t be denied annual leave because of Covid when you’re working.

Advertisement