Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to Air IPTV Playlist

Options
  • 20-07-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭

I don't think what I'm asking here is against any rules on paid IPTV subs as it's something i expect might be free somewhere

If you don't have a satellite dish is there an IPTV playlist I can use to get the free to air channels that I could get if I had a satellite dish?

RTE / BBC / ITV / etc.

Would like to use TiviMate on a firestick but need an M3U list of channels

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP I know you mean well but I am very reluctant to let this thread continue because it will be almost certainly impossible to go further without someone breaking the charter. We don’t allow discussion of circumventing regional restrictions here

To go a bit further, there’s no law in Ireland allowing you to stream a broadcast signal for general public use even if it is free to air. You have to have permission of the broadcaster which you will not get unless you are a pay TV company and the stream is customer restricted.

Any free and completely unrestricted streams you will find online of BBC and ITV will almost certainly be illegal, ITV no longer allows carriage of ITV(1) in Ireland even by legitimate pay TV broadcasters because of its agreement with Virgin Media. Even Channel 4’s All4 service, which is otherwise available to Irish customers, disables the live stream feature for viewers in Ireland.

You can find legal streams of some RTE VMTV, and TG4 programmes on their online players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement