Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant and returning to work

Options
  • 20-07-2020 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has been told that they need to return to work and how they’re feeling about it.

I’m supposed to go back on aug 10 but I am terrified. I work in a language school with students from all over the world. The health and safety before we closed in March was non existent. We repeatedly asked for hand sanitiser, hot water in bathrooms but we got nothing. In the end 5 students and the teacher in one class ended up with covid.

I also have a 2 hour commute by bus to get to work, which is also terrifying.

I’m only 7 weeks but I’m going to have to tell my boss I’m pregnant and see if he’ll allow me to continue working from home. I have a very strong suspicion I won’t be allowed to.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If it's not safe and nothing has been put in place report them. Do not put your 2 lives at risk.

Id be looking for work elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

If he hasn't put proper precautions in place he can be reported and closed down.

Advertisement