Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid range turbo trainer?

Options
  • 20-07-2020 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭

My Tacx Flux is probably in line for an upgrade - just wondering what is considered the best mid range trainer at the moment?

I haven't really followed what is out there - would be considering Elite Direto or Wahoo Kickr Core types.

No real requirements beyond what everything in that price range will have, but I did see a Wahoo in a bike shop that looked much smaller than the Flux - this would be an advantage as I use it in an upstairs bathroom.

I'd be looking at spending 6-700 ish.

Not in a rush to buy as I don't really use the trainer at this time of year.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If the need for it being quiet is important I'd go with the kickr core. I have a direto and it is a good trainer the core is very quiet in comparison not that the direto is overly loud either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thanks, the Kicker Core does look like it would do the job. I'm planning to buy in a LBS due to constant warranty issues with trainers and one near me has this in stock.

Do you know if it works with thru axles out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thanks, the Kicker Core does look like it would do the job. I'm planning to buy in a LBS due to constant warranty issues with trainers and one near me has this in stock.

Do you know if it works with thru axles out of the box?

They come set up for QR but to swap them for through axle takes about a minute. Just remove the skewer and push in the adaptors, brake block and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

bike24.de have some decent value on B stock/sale items on a regular basis, with a budget of 600-800 you can get a significant saving and a better model than rrp

Advertisement