Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie Mistake

Options
  • 18-07-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

I'm awaiting delivery on a Genesis Croix de Fer. The trouble is, it's orange, the old bike is navy.
    She's gonna notice the difference. I'll discretely swap over the saddle and wheels, I might get a couple of rides in before the difficult conversation.
    Alternately, I have a thorn Audax in grey, maybe I could do some sort of three card trick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭cletus

njburke wrote: »
    I'm awaiting delivery on a Genesis Croix de Fer. The trouble is, it's orange, the old bike is navy.
    She's gonna notice the difference. I'll discretely swap over the saddle and wheels, I might get a couple of rides in before the difficult conversation.
    Alternately, I have a thorn Audax in grey, maybe I could do some sort of three card trick.

Save yourself the trouble, and just post the Croix de Fer on to me. I'll PM my address. I've already got a partially orange bike, a bit more will never be noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Say you won it on one of those Facebook raffles?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You got it on adverts, some lad you know was leaving the country in a rush due to family/work and he let you have it for next to nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

those teasing bastards at genesis. they list the 2019 equilibrium 20 disc as reduced from STG£2k to STG£1150.
    click further, and all sizes are now sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I've been careful so far, I never leave all the bikes on display in the garage at the same time. There's no rack on the wall that makes a headcount easy. My other half keeps all the hand bags in the same wardrobe, so it's easy for me to point to the excess.
    The Croix de fer, is for commuting to work for weight loss, building up to the tour de beara at the end of the summer. I like steel and large volume tyres, low gear ratios for load.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's special paint, isn't it? looks grey under some light, bright orange under different light. easy mistake to make to think they're two different bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭secman

Buy a few tins of orange paint..almost empty them before you get home , head to garage to do a paint job on a bike.. get a bit on your hands..head to house... pleased how that turned out... easy peazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Mmh, maybe I'll just say I had the thorn repainted, bit of rust showing. I'll never refer to it as the new bike only the other bike. Once I'm riding it regularly, it'll all be fine. At the moment and I'm doing 25 K spins on a trek FX hybrid, that I've fitted with drop bars and bar end shifters. I've done about 7 or 8000K on it over the years, got it on the cycle to work in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

secman wrote: »
    Buy a few tins of orange paint..almost empty them before you get home , head to garage to do a paint job on a bike.. get a bit on your hands..head to house... pleased how that turned out... easy peazy :)

That's what I'd do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

secman wrote: »

Alternatively buy a pot of blue paint and paint the Genesis. You could use Tippex for the logo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭secman

And some people question why i have 3 black bikes .. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my OH just said she'll never notice she wont have clue what your riding. (do not take this as gospel)

or you could sat "this old thing had it for years"

(says the man who spent 2.8k on a di2 cannondale :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 24,966 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... she wont have clue what your riding...
    Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Get this so

Advertisement