Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's hybrid bike for going to work

Options
  • 17-07-2020 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭

My wife is looking for a bike to cycle to work on (6km each way) and the odd longer cycle at the weekend. She was planning to get a Carerra Crossfire 2 from Halfords because the reviews are great and the price is right but they're a bit of a pain in the hole tbh so she is looking elsewhere now.

Could someone recommend a bike and a shop in Dublin to get a bike? It would be on bike to work scheme and with some accessories. Budget for the bike is around 400.

One thing that has been confusing me a bit is the lack of ladies bikes - most of them are the retro looking bikes with wicker baskets but my wife just wants a normal bike. Is the whole dropped crossbar for ladies not a thing anymore? Are bikes unisex now or something?

Comments

This probably a close match to the Carerra you mentioned https://www.liv-cycling.com/ie/alight-3

Giant/Liv have a place on the Long Mile Rd I believe.

Other places stock them too but not 100% sure which ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

This probably a close match to the Carerra you mentioned https://www.liv-cycling.com/ie/alight-3

Giant/Liv have a place on the Long Mile Rd I believe.

Other places stock them too but not 100% sure which ones.

Would second the liv range at her price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭budgemook

Thanks very much. The Liv looks like a goer. She works near the bike institute on Dorset street but they only have the 2019 version but it looks the same as the 2020 version in the link above. I think she'll just go for that for the convenience of it being close to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Feliks

Have just seen your request. Did you get a suitable bike?
    IF not, I have one that would suit. Feliks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the OP mentioned the purchase was being made on the BTW scheme so they almost certainly won't be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just picked up a Liv Alight today at lunch time as it happens!

Advertisement