Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about my teeth and braces (photo included)

Options
  • 17-07-2020 10:36am

Hi all,

It just popped into my head today that I should consider braces. I'm 32 and never really cared before I definitely should.

bPJraVB.png

How good or bad are they in terms of braces duration? There is a tooth in the top left sticking out a bit more than is obvious in the photo.

If I didn't really care that much about money, would lingual braces be worth the cost? How about invisalign? Or should I just get white or ceramics or something?

I know very little about this stuff. I just happen to be single after a very long time and feel like I should be doing some self-improvement stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

You would need a full mouth assessment including x-rays to determine the duration& cost of treatment.
    This would involve meeting with an orthodontist for a consultation.
    To be honest, in the middle of this global pandemic, I would defer embarking on what is essentially elective cosmetic dental treatment.

Dianthus wrote: »
    You would need a full mouth assessment including x-rays to determine the duration& cost of treatment.
    This would involve meeting with an orthodontist for a consultation.
    To be honest, in the middle of this global pandemic, I would defer embarking on what is essentially elective cosmetic dental treatment.

I'm in Vietnam and there hasn't been any virus in the community in months. Things are very normal.

A friend got Invisalign in a cheap Black Friday deal here last year and he's very happy so far and is finished soon. I was basically wondering if my teeth would be a minor enough one like his were or would it be more like say two or three years like my brother had.

They don't really speak English where he went so I thought I'd ask some questions here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

tenor.gif
    I'm in Vietnam and there hasn't been any virus in the community in months. Things are very normal.

A friend got Invisalign in a cheap Black Friday deal here last year and he's very happy so far and is finished soon. I was basically wondering if my teeth would be a minor enough one like his were or would it be more like say two or three years like my brother had.

They don't really speak English where he went so I thought I'd ask some questions here first.

tenor.gif

With the picture I suppose. I know nothing about teeth. I've been to the dentist maybe ten times in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

With the picture I suppose. I know nothing about teeth. I've been to the dentist maybe ten times in my life.

No I meant this....

• Advertisement

No I meant this....

Really not seeing what your point is. But if you don't want to start, that's fair enough.

Advertisement