Shedite27 wrote: »
1. Tax on dividends is self-declarative. Get registered with ROS and this becomes a 5 minute job whenever you get dividends (or you can do it annually)
2. Not sure what you mean by the shares not being in your name with Degiro. Think eToro, Plus200 and revolut are the ones that aren't in your name. Degiro far cheaper than Irish Brokers (50c a trade v €20 with Davy)
3. I'm not familiar with Superannuation, doubt there's any free PRSA's in Ireland, about 0.5% per annum is cheapest out there I think
jwof2006 wrote: »
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
1 . Perfect will probably do it annually starting now with this years tax return in January. As the ETFs are Australian domiciled I think I just pay CGT and tax on dividends as normal.
2. Yea I have just read a few places about there being Basic and Custody accounts on Degiro. The impression I get is that custody is the safer option of these two? Am hoping to invest in some ETFs and have been reading up on the tax situation with these.
3. Yea management fees seem to be a bit higher alright, have contacted a few brokers there today so will hopefully get that set up now so I can start growing it. Is it best to go through a broker like LA brokers or go direct?