Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maths Question

• 15-07-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,
    Would someone be able to help me, I cant seem to find the proper answer anywhere, but how do you find the height of a cylinder when given the radius but not the volume?
    Thanks
    Neil

Comments

neil123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would someone be able to help me, I cant seem to find the proper answer anywhere, but how do you find the height of a cylinder when given the radius but not the volume?
    Thanks
    Neil

That's not possible. If your given a cylinder of a certain radius nothing stopping being any height.

The question is a mistake I would say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is the radius all you have?

Is it part of a question where the volume might have been calculated/given earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 neil123

That's not possible. If your given a cylinder of a certain radius nothing stopping being any height.

The question is a mistake I would say.

yeah, a mistake in the question.
    Thanks

Is it part of a question where the volume might have been calculated/given earlier?

mistake in the Q.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Is the radius all you have?

sorted.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You put it flat on the ground radius on ground and at top, then take out your measuring tape and the length will be whatever you measure from ground to top. English answer!!

Advertisement