Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cottage renovation- process and costs

Options
  • 15-07-2020 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I went to view an old cottage the other evening. The basic 2 room cottage is fine structurally but it's small and lacks light. There are old barns attached to the left of the property which I would love to turn into a glass and stone extension. I think you would be looking at a complete renovation of the existing structure- it has 2 bedrooms upstairs, a living and kitchen and WC downstairs and then the old barns attached to the side. Ideally I would add 2 extra bedrooms, an open plan kitchen and living area in glass extension.

What process would be involved here? Planning permission, approaching architect etc.

Rough costs involved?

As you can tell I am clueless. I renovated an old cottage in the past but the structure of it was fine and I didn't need PP etc.

Advertisement