Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESPOND. Social Housing Query

Options
  • 14-07-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello folks.

I have been on the social housing list in my area for 13 years and I received a letter from both my county council forwarding me to 'Respond'- housing organisation. I have a contract coming soon to sign. My query is in regard to the following below and marked in bold...
    This is from the Respond website: from Niamh Randall, Spokesperson for Respond, say's affordability for tenants and a sustainable model for the construction and management of homes. We have been calling for such an affordable rental model for intermediate households for those who will never afford to purchase a home of their own but will not qualify for social housing

I'm just trying to understand this point above. I qualified for social housing 13 years ago, but according to 'Respond' Niamh Randall, Spokesperson for Respond... those who will never afford to purchase a home of their own 'but will not qualify for social housing'.

If I qualify for social housing which I do and have done for the last 13 years then why would I be transferred to this organisation as non-qualified for social housing?. I just find this strange as I was researching all information for my personal circumstance, or am I just over cautious?. It just seems to me that persons that do not qualify for social housing are referred to this organisation, but I am qualified as stated. I'm just not sure on this one.

https://www.respond.ie/eventsmedia/respond-news/

Thanks for any information you can forward.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They provide social housing and have done for a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Gatling wrote: »
    They provide social housing and have done for a number of years

Cheers Gatling. It just seemed a bit off when I was reading about it.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Cheers Gatling. It just seemed a bit off when I was reading about it.

I know they have a number of properties in a council Estate slightly separate but still the same ,

There's respond ,circle ,cluid,tuath ,clamil and a few others known as AHB approved housing bodies ,they tend to have stricter rules compared to the council such as no pets ,no hanging clothes on balconies and they actively evict problem tenants ,or those who refuse to pay their rents

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Gatling wrote: »
    I know they have a number of properties in a council Estate slightly separate but still the same ,

There's respond ,circle ,cluid,tuath ,clamil and a few others known as AHB approved housing bodies ,they tend to have stricter rules compared to the council such as no pets ,no hanging clothes on balconies and they actively evict problem tenants ,or those who refuse to pay their rents

Thanks G. Yes I fully understand now where they are coming from which is good practice for them to implement in cases of problematic people. It makes perfect sense now after spending hours reading up on this organisation. Sounds good to me.

Best wishes

Oort

Advertisement