Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Irish Army Uniform

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭ kowloon

Hello, I found this uniform in an upcoming auction and I’m just wondering what timeframe it’s from. A jerkin that comes with it is from 1945 so I’m hoping it’s a WW2 era uniform. Any help would be appreciated

https://bid.whytes.ie/lots/view/1-3629O5/irish-army-uniforms-including-tunic-trousers-greatcoat-and-leather-jerkin-4-items

Also please don’t bid against me :)

If the jerkin is 1945 with a double broad arrow stamp it's a post ww2 purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭ Munsterlad102

kowloon wrote: »
    If the jerkin is 1945 with a double broad arrow stamp it's a post ww2 purchase.

Any idea what time period the uniform is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭ kowloon

Any idea what time period the uniform is from?

Not so sure about Irish uniforms, but know a little more about the British ones.
    Did you go for it in the end? I followed the auction and bid on some medals but I'm not overburdened with cash at the moment so I lost out. Someone got a nice collection of Emergency medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭ Munsterlad102

kowloon wrote: »
    Not so sure about Irish uniforms, but know a little more about the British ones.
    Did you go for it in the end? I followed the auction and bid on some medals but I'm not overburdened with cash at the moment so I lost out. Someone got a nice collection of Emergency medals.

Yeah I won the uniform in the end. I rang them up and they said it was a WW2 era. They had some really nice medals but this auction in particular has a lot of eyes on it so prices are usually a bit higher than other auctions, a 1927 Vickers Helmet with not much of the paint left, went for more than another one in a different auction with a very good paint job. Still though I’ll be looking forward to get my uniform in the post soon :)

Advertisement