Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Insignia

Options
  • 13-07-2020 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi

From reading other threads, it seems that the early Insignias can give engine problems.

What do you guys think about the 2014 (2.0cdti 140PS) model? It's an Opel (not Vauxhall) which I think makes a difference too.

The one I might consider has approx 130k miles on the clock - if something were to have gone wrong then would you have expected it to happen already?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Opel/Vauxhall makes no difference, mechanically they are the same. Build quality might be a bit better on the Opels but I think some of them are made in the same factory and just have different badges put on.

I'd hope many of the earlier disasters with the Insignia would have been ironed out by 2014. Just make sure it's the facelift model with the revised front and rear lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I have a 2014 Insignia SC model coming up to 190,000 KM on the clock, no major issues so far on it in 6 years, keep it serviced regularly and and timing belt changed at 150k.

I have heard various issues with Insignias and people saying they are junk, but there is a lot of them on the road , and I have been very happy with mine.

I think your model is the starting model, not sure what extra spec comes with mine compared to the one your interested in.

Advertisement