Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV with Google nest wifi

Options
  • 11-07-2020 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Looking at getting the Google nest wifi and putting eir F2000 into bridge mode. My concern is that we have 2 eir vision TV boxes which are connected to power line adapters for network back to the F2000. Will the eir TV continue to work with the nest wifi? Anyone have this working?

I'm assuming if I connect the primary power line adapters to the nest router ethernet port it should still work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭niallb

cork93 wrote: »
    Looking at getting the Google nest wifi and putting eir F2000 into bridge mode.

Why put it into bridge mode before trying it as it is? No need to solve a problem until you're sure there is one.

You don't have much control of the configuration on the nest and I doubt you'll be able to set up the VLANs you'll need for the fiber and TV services.

Just give the nest an internet connection by plugging in to the F2000 and leave your TV boxes set up the way they are.

If that gives you problems, come back to bridging and see if you can solve the problems that will introduce

Advertisement