Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career change help please 😌 Aca vs acca?

• 09-07-2020 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone had gone back to do accounting with a completely unrelated degree? What would be the best way to go about this? I have been looking into the flexible learning route with ACA so I could keep working in my current job while I study, but it's all very confusing to me. What's the difference between Acas and accas, is one better than the other? Which would be suitable for a complete newbie like myself? Can anyone recommend a course I can do part time while still working?
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Zoe933 wrote:
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had gone back to do accounting with a completely unrelated degree? What would be the best way to go about this? I have been looking into the flexible learning route with ACA so I could keep working in my current job while I study, but it's all very confusing to me. What's the difference between Acas and accas, is one better than the other? Which would be suitable for a complete newbie like myself? Can anyone recommend a course I can do part time while still working? Thanks so much

In order to qualify with any accountancy body you will have to complete relevant on the job training. So you will have to leave your current job at some point to take on a trainee role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zoe933

In order to qualify with any accountancy body you will have to complete relevant on the job training. So you will have to leave your current job at some point to take on a trainee role.

Yes I know, but do you know which would be better for a beginner of the two? Or what the difference is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Zoe933 wrote: »
    Yes I know, but do you know which would be better for a beginner of the two? Or what the difference is?

Both give mostly the same course content.

You can start either as a beginner but the major difference is that ACCA is modular with exams every 3 months and ACA less so with exams once a year (and 1 repeat).

ACA has no post qualification route into Audit.

How long is a bit of string really...

ACA generally has higher pass rates but they are not easier exams, just for ACCA you have a lot of people taking exams without classroom time. I think classroom time is highly recommended and compulsory with ACA but optional with ACCA.

Advertisement