Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Wall Removal Costs

Options
  • 08-07-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I am looking for an idea of costs before I go and get official quotes on some work I would like done.
    Basically, I want to merge the kitchen, living and dining room and hall space into a single open space. Which will involve the removal of a 4.5m section of wall between the kitchen and sitting room, which I’m calling Wall A for reference. The next part of the renovation will involve partial removal of the wall between the sitting room (approx 4m), hall and kitchen, I’ll reference this a Wall B.
    Also, two non-loading bearing walls (approx 2m) will need to removed between the living area and the sitting room to combine the space. I’ll reference these as Wall C.

To further increase the space I want to reduce the size of the chimney breast (if possible).

Wall A - will require an RSJ fitted as it’s a supporting wall, one rad and one light switch will need to be removed.
    Wall B - will require an RSJ fitted as it’s a supporting wall, one light switch and two sockets will need to be removed.
    Wall C - non load bearing, four sockets to be relocated.

Any indication of costs would be great.
    Tagged:

Advertisement