Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam Signups & Comments

Options
  • 08-07-2020 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Greetings!

I run a WordPress blog to share quality content with readers. It is basically about technology and TV series related. I got several emails about the timings and other TV series related inquiries, and I answer all of them. However, from a few days, I noticed that I am getting spambot mails via our 'contact us form'. I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRoWiu91Rk helpful about blocking IPs, but I don't have time to prevent them every day.

Secondly, I am also getting spam comments. Though I approve these comments but it is annoying to check these spam comments. I am also using antispam plugin Akismet, but it is not much useful. I also installed other antispam plugins but noticed a decline in organic traffic.

I would be grateful if you share any other method of blocking these bot spams or even human spams. I am planning to use reCAPTCHA v2 or custom CAPTCHA. What do you think which one would be more helpful? You can also share your experiences of avoiding spam form mails.
    Tagged:

Advertisement